The Danforth Mosaic Business Improvement Area (BIA) was formed in 2008 with membership comprised of commercial property owners and business owners on Danforth Ave. between Jones and Westlake. The BIA works in partnership with the City to create thriving, competitive, and safe business areas that attract shoppers, diners, tourists, and new businesses.
To create a vibrant and well-maintained business area with diverse shopping and dining opportunities and services to attract the local community as well as visitors.
BIA Quick Facts
- The BIA boundaries are from Jones to Westlake and run along the Danforth on the north and south sides to the back alleys
- We are the longest BIA in Toronto at 2.9 km long
- Like many areas in Toronto, our community is diverse and multicultural
- We have strong local community engagement along several stretches of our BIA
- We encompass a wide range of businesses from walk-in clinics, dentists’ offices, restaurants and cafes, professional offices, speciality shops and even places of worship
- Our area comprises four subway stops: Donlands, Greenwood, Coxwell, Woodbine
- We are located within four wards in the City: Ward 29, Ward 30, (both Toronto-Danforth) Ward 31 and Ward 32 (Beaches/East York)