The City of Toronto has an incredible program for Danforth Mosaic BIA members where it will match 50% of the cost of commercial facade improvements up to a maximum of $10,000. That means that our member businesses and property owners can give their business a $20,000 facade improvement for only $10,000!
The program will cover the following improvements:
- Brick cleaning treatments such as power washing
- Re-pointing of brick masonry
- Exterior painting (not including painting of brick) as part of other façade improvements
- Replacement of doors or windows (on any level on the front facade of the building)
- Replacement or repair of cornice, parapets and other architectural features
- Installation or replacement of awnings or canopies
- Installation and improvement of signage
- Installation or upgrading of exterior lighting features
- Redesign of storefront
- Installation of wheelchair ramps
- Other improvements as agreed to by the Manger at the City BIA Office.
The program is first-come-first-serve starting at the beginning of each calendar year when the city sets its budget. While the application is due this year by May 18, 2017, it is highly recommended that members submit their paperwork as soon as possible, as funding is often 100% allocated by mid-April.
Completed applications are to be submitted to Michael Saunders at the City BIA Office.
– Phone: (416) 392-1005
– Email: Michael.Saunders@toronto.ca
If you would like some assistance with any aspect of this program, please contact Oliver Hierlihy, the Coordinator of the Danforth Mosaic BIA, who would be happy to assist you in going over the paperwork and details of this program.
– Call or Text: (416) 875-3760
– Email: email@example.com