The Danforth Mosaic BIA is proud to plant and maintain local perennial plants that are native to the climate in our area! These native perennial plants are loved by the bees, are beneficial to the area’s street trees, and will grow with our neighbourhood, helping us to develop a beautiful, urban canopy along the Danforth!
In the planters from Jones Ave to Woodbine Ave, you will find Yarrow, Black Eyed Susans, Echinacea, and Cerastium. All of these drought-tolerant species are native to Southern Ontario and produce beautiful flowers at different times throughout the year!
Help us to take care of our native plants for years to come:
- Report any damage to email@example.com
- Clear any garbage that is found in the planter outside of your business
- Help us to water the plants when the soil under the mulch is dry
- Ask that people don’t sit or stand in the planters, this crushes the plants and their tree roots
- Most importantly – proudly tell your customers about the native plants that are in your neighbourhood!